Living Through History....

 *Comes back after months of hiatus*

Hear me out! Listen, I know I've been gone for a little bit...a while? Okay maybe in forever, but there has been sooo much going on during this time. I thought the pandemic and fighting for the black community was the only thing I would have to go through but GOODNESS GRACIOUS. We literally just witnessed a coup. Like, Gen Z just witnessed all these major events but why do I feel like everyone else is trying to downplay them. Like I get that we all have our own personal agendas but look out the window! We can't just ignore all of this. We are literally living through historical events. I have witnessed a coup, pandemic, a movement, and almost a war before my first kiss (mind your business :/ ). Can we just let that sink in real quick? Everything is just going so fast and we weren't even warned to buckle up our seatbelts. So here Gen Z is, on a rollercoaster, with no seatbelts, and everyone else expects us to go about our days like any other normal one? And the most frustrating part is that because of the pandemic, all I can do is just sit down and watch these things happen. I want to go out there and make a change for the better but Miss Rona really isn't helping me much, she's actually not helping at all. Not gonna lie though, the history books in 2050 or something will be a read that the next generations do not want to skip. I have a headache just thinking about the prompts they are going to write. "Using events from 2020, write an essay on how those events may have contributed to the domestic terrorism in the United States in January of 2021."(college board if you use my prompt please give me credit sis) Anyways, let's see how the rest of 2021 will treat us. Happy New Year's everyone! 

Comments

Popular Posts